What is more exciting than turning that key in the lock of your first new home in the Chandler, AZ area? Knowing no landlord has access to your home is an amazing feeling. Sometimes first-time buyers can make mistakes that may jeopardize what they’ve worked for and these 5 suggestions can help new homeowners avoid costly mistakes.
- You likely handed over most of your life savings. Don’t make the mistake of overspending on new furniture and remodeling. Make sure you know what your monthly expenses will be because they can be more than you initially expect.
- Keep in mind that there’s no landlord to call when something breaks down, so you’ll need to be one top of home repairs. Don’t neglect small problems that can turn into much larger and costlier ones.
- Don’t try home repairs if you’re not qualified to make them. Hire a qualified contractor to save time and money on a repair.
- You may want to get some help with your taxes to make sure they are done correctly to maximize your refund, especially the first year. Over the year, make sure to keep home improvement expense receipts so you can write them off at the end of the year.
- You’re required to have home insurance, so you want to make sure you have the right home policy to fully replace your property in case of a total loss. You also need to make sure you have adequate liability coverage for accidents.
San Marcos Insurance Group
The San Marcos Insurance Group in the Chandler, AZ area wants to make sure you have the best coverage through local insurance agents. Don’t hesitate to contact one of our agents to help answer your questions and walk you through home insurance options.