As the weather gets more and more unpredictable here in the Chandler, AZ area, it’s essential to be prepared for any storm. Here are some tips from us at San Marcos Insurance Group to help you prepare your house for a storm:
- Secure loose items outside your home. Secure any patio furniture, grills, or other items that could become flying projectiles in high winds.
- Clean your gutters. Clogged gutters can cause water to back into your home when it rains heavily, so make sure they’re clear before a storm.
- Trim trees and shrubbery near your house. Limbs and branches can break off during a storm and damage windows, so ensure they are trimmed away from the home before a storm hits.
- Prepare an emergency kit with essential items such as flashlights, batteries, non-perishable food, water bottles, and first aid supplies in case of a power outage or other emergency situation during or after the storm.
- Ensure all your devices are charged and stock up on batteries. You will need them in case the power goes out. A battery-powered radio can keep you connected and informed about critical updates during the storm.
By following these simple tips, you’ll be well on your way to having your home ready for whatever Mother Nature throws at it! If you have any questions about how to prepare your house for a storm or want to explore new options for homeowners insurance, or any other type of insurance product on the market, call us at San Marcos Insurance Group today. We proudly serve the Chandler, AZ area.
Determining which car insurance to carry is arguably one of the most critical decisions a Chandler, AZ resident will make regarding their life as a driver. That said, it’s just as important to know what to avoid when weighing your options as it is to know what to do.
At San Marcos Insurance Group, we can help you avoid common pitfalls like the following.
1. Ignoring the Importance of Credit History
A person’s credit history hasn’t always mattered when buying car insurance in Arizona. But that changed in the late ‘90s when insurance companies began considering credit when setting rates. That said, managing your credit wisely is one of the best things you can do to ensure access to the best policies.
2. Not Updating Policies Often Enough
Accidents aren’t the only thing that can affect your auto insurance policy. Changes to your lifestyle or general life situation – like buying a home, having a child, or getting married – can, too. This often also works out in your favor, so always report life changes to your carrier as soon as they happen.
3. Improperly Assessing Insurance Needs
Every driver is different regarding what they need in an auto insurance policy, so it’s crucial to make sure you’re thoroughly evaluating yours before settling on a particular option. Commonly overlooked circumstances include the driving records of any family members, potential choices in future vehicles, etc.
Ultimately, the right auto insurance policy is a must if you’re serious about appropriately protecting yourself, and the right insurance agency can help adequately assess your options.
If you’re located in or near Chandler, AZ, we at San Marcos Insurance Group would be proud and pleased to help you choose the ideal auto insurance policy for your household. Get in touch today for more information!