Your auto insurance policy can be confusing when you start to read through it. Often terms are used and you may have heard them before, but you are not quite clear on what they mean. You can gain a lot of knowledge by discussing the details of your policy with a qualified insurance agent.
Understanding the key terms in your policy will help you get the most out of your insurance. The agents at San Marcos Insurance Group in Chandler, AZ are experienced professionals that know the key terms to help our clients understand the ins and outs of their auto insurance policies
Key Auto Insurance Terms
There are many auto insurance terms and some are not crucial to understand. Here are some common key terms that are used in policies often.
- Premium – This term is heard a lot and simply means the amount paid to an insurance company so they will pay claims for your specific coverage.
- Collision coverage – If your vehicle is damaged after hitting another car or object, collision is the part of the policy that protects you.
- Bodily injury liability – This is what covers you if you are the cause of an accident where affected parties are killed or injured.
- No-fault insurance – Regardless of if you caused an accident or not, no-fault covers medical expenses.
- Personal injury – Protection in case of injury if you are in an accident.
- Deductible – Out of pocket money spent before your insurance company covers the remainder of a claim.
- Uninsured motorist – If another driver hits you and they don’t have insurance, this type of coverage protects you.
Professional Insurance Agents in Chandler, AZ
Contact us at San Marcos Insurance Group in Chandler, AZ to speak with one of our agents about your auto insurance needs. We are happy to help you understand the terms of your insurance coverage, so you know exactly what is in your policy.