As the weather gets more and more unpredictable here in the Chandler, AZ area, it’s essential to be prepared for any storm. Here are some tips from us at San Marcos Insurance Group to help you prepare your house for a storm:
- Secure loose items outside your home. Secure any patio furniture, grills, or other items that could become flying projectiles in high winds.
- Clean your gutters. Clogged gutters can cause water to back into your home when it rains heavily, so make sure they’re clear before a storm.
- Trim trees and shrubbery near your house. Limbs and branches can break off during a storm and damage windows, so ensure they are trimmed away from the home before a storm hits.
- Prepare an emergency kit with essential items such as flashlights, batteries, non-perishable food, water bottles, and first aid supplies in case of a power outage or other emergency situation during or after the storm.
- Ensure all your devices are charged and stock up on batteries. You will need them in case the power goes out. A battery-powered radio can keep you connected and informed about critical updates during the storm.
By following these simple tips, you’ll be well on your way to having your home ready for whatever Mother Nature throws at it! If you have any questions about how to prepare your house for a storm or want to explore new options for homeowners insurance, or any other type of insurance product on the market, call us at San Marcos Insurance Group today. We proudly serve the Chandler, AZ area.