Over the last couple of years, the number of people who run their businesses from home has ballooned. As a home-based business owner, the dilemma of whether you need commercial insurance for your business has been lingering in your mind.
Do You Need Commercial Insurance if You Run a Home-Based Business?
Yes, you do since your homeowners’ or renter’s insurance policies don’t cover home-based businesses. Commercial property insurance protects your business’s property and physical assets against unfortunate events like theft, fires, and natural disasters. As a home-based business owner in Chandler, AZ, the commercial property insurance likely covers items like:
- The building that houses the business
- Inventory in stock
- Phone systems, computers, furniture, and other office equipment
- Vital company documents
- Accounting records
Is There Additional Business Coverage I Need for My Home-Based Business?
Commercial property insurance is not enough if you want maximum protection for your home-based business. Here are some additional business coverages that we at San Marcos Insurance Group recommend:
- Business liability insurance – to protect your business when clients and other visitors come to your home for business reasons and suffer property damage or personal injury
- Professional liability insurance – to protect your business in the event of claims based on failure to deliver and negligence, especially if you are a consultant.
- Product liability insurance – to protect your home-based business’s manufacturing and sales from damages to property or persons caused by your products
- Commercial auto insurance – It provides coverage to your vehicle when using it for business purposes. Your personal auto insurance policy doesn’t cover loss or damage to your vehicle related to business use.
Get Commercial Insurance for Your Home-Based Business in Chandler, AZ
At San Marcos Insurance Group, we are motivated to protect your home-based business and promote its success by providing suitable and unbeatable commercial insurance policies. Contact us to request a quote.