Has the closure of the nearby amusement park led to a decline in your profits? Has electric or phone line disconnections of service led to a reduction of your income? If so, then you need to get some business interruption insurance. Business interruption insurance coverage safeguards your business by replacing the business income that gets lost whenever a sudden and disastrous event halts or slows your business.
The business interruption policy isn’t sold as a unique insurance cover. Instead, it is often added to the casualty/property policy or made as an add-on of a comprehensive package policy. The coverage can help businesses replace lost income when they can’t run their operations temporarily due to property damage or service disruptions.
What Does the Policy Cover?
When a business gets compelled to close its doors, the interruption insurance policy can cover its operating costs. Some of the expenses that can get covered include:
- Relocation expenses if you have to move your business to a new location permanently or temporarily.
- The income that your business would generate if it were open as usual.
- Training for staff to use new work equipment after a covered peril occurs.
- Additional expenses that get incurred in renting new space or equipment to keep business operations running a loss.
- Payment for employee’s dues.
- Tax payments that should get paid during the time of disruption
- Loan payments that should get paid during the time of disruption
- Lease, rent, or mortgage payments in the disruption time
- What Can’t Business Interruption Insurance Cover?
Business interruption insurance covers San Marcos Insurance Group, and other insurance companies can cover many interruptions. Still, there are some incidents and losses that can’t get covered by such a policy. Here are some of the uncovered incidents:
- Damage caused by earthquakes and floods
- Broken items from a covered loss or event
- Pandemics and epidemics that push businesses to shut down
- Utility bills for utilities shut down when the company closes after a covered risk occurs.
- Undocumented income, which isn’t evident in financial records.
Get Your Home Insurance Cover Today from San Marcos Insurance Group
If you’re a Chandler, AZ, resident, visit the San Marcos Insurance Group website to get the best business interruption insurance offers for your Chandler, AZ, business.